Housing Information

The campus contains five traditional residence halls, three new suite-style residence halls, the University Ridge, and the University Apartments complexes. They are equipped with lounges, kitchens, laundry and vending facilities, as well as living areas. Specific rules and regulations governing the residence halls are published and made available each year in the Residence Halls Information and Policies brochure. All residence halls are smoke-free.

First-year students are required to live on campus, unless they commute from their parent’s/legal guardian’s home within a 40 mile radius from campus. Housing on campus is provided on a combined room-and-board basis only (except for the university Ridge and the University Apartments, where a meal plan is not required.)

Off-campus housing information for upper-class and graduate students is available on the Residence Life and Housing homepage.

Transfer Student Housing

On-campus housing is guaranteed for incoming transfer students, who pay the Enrollment Fee and complete the on-line housing application by the published June 1 deadline.  Beyond that, offers are made as space becomes available, and on a first-come, first-served basis.  

Off-Campus Housing List

Residence Life and Housing provides students with a list of off-campus housing opportunities. This list contains apartment and room rental availability throughout the surrounding area. The list contains a brief description of the units, including information on rental charge and utilities. The rooms/units listed are not inspected by the university and the university does not represent the landlord or tenant. The Residence Life and Housing Office acts only as a clearinghouse for this information.  The off-campus housing opportunities can also be found at:  esu.edu/och

Off-Campus Housing Guide

The Guide to Off-Campus Living is designed to offer the student guidance on what to look for when deciding to live off campus. It also provides information on how to inspect a dwelling and provides tips for reviewing a lease agreement. A copy of this guide may be obtained from the Residence Life and Housing Office in Hemlock Hall.