Native speakers of English

  • Passing a foreign language competency examination offered by the Department of Foreign Languages at a level equivalent to Language II with a grade of “C” or better.
  • Completing a college course at the level of Language II with a grade of “C” or better.
  • Passing the CLEP test.

CLEP results are listed as either a “raw score” or a “percentile.” The “raw scores” are translated on the test and indicate whether or not the student receives three credits. A “percentile” score of 50% or higher will result in the student receiving three credits.

  • Passing the AP test with a score of “3” or higher.
  • Transfer students who have successfully completed a course of foreign language study at Level II with a grade of “C” or better, within the last six years, will be considered as having satisfied this requirement.